Registration for the 2019 Spring Season is now open for ages 4 and older. The players age is determined by the age that they will be on April 30, 2019. The divisions are:
- CBSA Girls Softball (Ages 7-10)
- CBSA Girls Softball (Ages 11-12)
- CBSA Girls Softball (Ages 13-16)
- CBSA T-Ball (Ages 4-6)
- CBSA Coaches Pitch Baseball (Ages 7-8)
- PCYB Rookie League Baseball (Ages 9-10)
- PCYB Minor League Baseball (Ages 11-13*)
- PCYB Major League Baseball (Ages 13-16)
*All players age 13 that are requesting to play down in the Minor League will be required to participate in Player Evaluations to determine skill level. Any of these players that miss evaluations, or are deemed to have sufficient ability to play at a higher level, will automatically be moved up to the Majors division.
Players may play up by one year of age, but they do not have the option to play down one year. For instance, a player who is 10 on April 30, 2019, can choose to play in either the Rookie League or the Minor League division, but a player that is 11 on April 30, 2019 can only play in the Minor League division, he may not choose to play down in the Rookie League.
We have also had some inquiries concerning baseball bats. Our league has opted NOT to require the new USA Baseball stamp on all bats. However, we will continue to require that all bats for the Rookie and Minor League divisions have the 1.15BPF stamp on them. We certainly encourage all new bat purchases to have the USA Baseball stamp on them, as that will likely be phased in at a future date, but we did not feel that it was best to implement that policy today, which would require all players to go out and buy a new bat for this season. For the Major League division, all bats must be Drop 3 and will require the BBCOR stamp for league play.
Here are the important dates to remember:
- Registration for T-Ball, Coach Pitch, and all Girls Softball Divisions will close on Thursday, March 21.
- Registration for the Rookie and Minor League Divisions (ages 9-13) will close on March 25.
- Registration for the Major League Division (ages 14-18) will remain open until the first week of May.
- Player Evaluations for T-Ball, Coach Pitch, and all Girls Softball Divisions will be held on Saturday, March 23 - you will receive an email with the details of time and location.
- Player Evaluations for ages 9-13 will be held on Monday, April 1st. We will send out an email the week before with time and location.
- All players age 13 that request to play in the Minor League Division MUST attend player evaluations or they will be moved up to the Major League
- Teams will begin to practice on April 6th for Rookie and Minor League Baseball divisions (ages 9-13).
- Games for all T-Ball, Coach Pitch, and Softbaall at Cane Creek will begin the week of April 15
- Games for Rookie League Baseball (age 9-10) will begin the week of April 23
- Games for Minor League Baseball (age 11-13) will begin the week of May 7
- Games for Major League Baseball (ages 13-16) will begin the week of May 14
Please check back for updates!